If you have information, stories, photographs, etc., to share about anyone in my family, please contact me - howardka at earthlink.net. If you use anything from this blog, please contact me for permission to post/use elsewhere. I don't mind sharing but would like credit for these original posts and family photos.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Jane's Treasures



When I was in Tallahassee last July, the husband of my cousin, Jane, came to show me where my aunt and uncle were buried. We chatted about genealogy and he mentioned he had a box of genealogy information and research that my aunt and uncle had done. When Jane came to visit me at my hotel, she brought the box with her. It was full of treasures - 2 unidentified tintypes of family members, pages from our great-grandfather Gilley's Bible, research, and more. She let me bring the box home with me, and today I spent several hours today copying the things that were apropos for my research. Last month I scanned some things. What a treasure trove.

No comments:

Post a Comment